Welcome to My Scientific Health – an information-driven community of people passionate to live healthy and positive lives.
The purpose of this website is to provide useful information about various health interests that are commonly shared among people – for example, weight loss, stress management or chronic disease prevention. Our team is happy to present actionable & evidence-based information to everyone interested in using science towards more optimal health.
Share My Scientific Health
The term ‘optimal health’ describes how we can twist & change various aspects of our behavior that strongly affects our health – such as our diet and exercise habits, along with our mind-body practices. Optimal health involves us being efficient in utilizing up-to-date knowledge and fine-tuning our behavior in targeted and beneficial ways.
To be successful, we must filter-out misinformation about our health – the type of “recommendations” that are driven by the spread of unproven rumors and are often commercially motivated. By focusing our attention on
Thinking About Our Health
Focusing on the latest science is always a useful way to start thinking about your health. This is especially true in today’s age of readily available knowledge & technology – which allow us to engage in optimizing our health in new and useful ways.
Anyone can strive towards more optimal health, certainly you too! It is worthwhile to be aware of changes in your health and to be aware of optimal health tactics that
For all of these reasons, we started My Scientific Health – the only website where scientific knowledge and optimal health – join forces and become useful content for everyone!
My Scientific Health Posts
Our posts present how various “Health Actions” are useful for achieving commonly shared health interests and goals – known as “Health Topics” in our project.
Health Actions are the actual steps people take towards supporting their health interests – for example:
- start to exercise – jog, run, swim, cycle, dance – become active
- eat a Mediterranean Diet, a Ketogenic Diet, or a Vegetarian Diet pattern
- use a type of supplement – Folic Acid, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin D
- engage in a body-support activity – get a massage or regularly stretch
- start a mind-body activity – yoga, meditation, Tai Chi etc.
Health Topic are the various health interests people commonly share – for example:
- weight loss (for people with overweight and obesity status) and weight maintenance (for people with healthy body weight status)
- efficiently managing stress
- relief physical pain, such as muscle tension
- exercise enough to gain health benefits, get adequate body-recovery after your exercises and prevent injuries
- prevent common health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, bone fractures etc.
Health Actions + Health Topics = Optimal Health
The concept of Health Actions is rather meaningless without the concept of Health Topics, and vice versa. To understand why – let’s first look at some examples of titles from My Scientific Health posts:
- Folic Acid Supplement – Prevent Pregnancy Health Issues
- Exercise Your Way to Better Cardio Fitness
- Massage Relieves Muscle Tension & Pain
- Optimize Your Muscles & Bones With Diet
Now, let’s look at the same titles – but this time looking for Health Actions in BLUE and Health Topics in RED. To develop a sense for what type of content you can expect in our posts, you can also expand the post summary – just click “Inside This Post”.
Folic Acid Supplement – Prevent Pregnancy Health Issues
Exercise Your Way to Better Cardio Fitness
Massage Relieves Muscle Tension & Pain
NOTE: Sometimes the Health Action and Health Topic might swap places in the title, but this does not affect the title meaning:
Optimize Your Muscles & Bones With Diet
Knowing this, we can now update our definition of what it means to strive
To reach more optimal health status, we use scientifically-researched Health Actions towards efficiently managing personally-relevant Health Topics.Use reliable health information towards more Optimal Health - Science is Common SenseClick To Tweet
Using our method, we never have to produce the generic types of articles which often come across on the internet, for example:
- “10 Health Effects of Meditation”
- “Is Ginger Really Effective?”
- or “The Best Juicers for 2018 – Reviewed”
Instead, we believe that MyScientificHealth articles offer the kind of evidence-based actionable information which is badly missing online today!
To find out more about our business model and how we support this project, visit the Affiliate Disclosure page.
To find out how we handle scientific evidence as part of this project, visit the Scientific Evidence page.
Optimize Health Philosophy
We all greatly differ in terms of our personal preferences and the environments where we live our lives. We also slightly differ in terms of our genetic codes – the software that determines how our body’s hardware functions – essentially how our body carries-out all necessary life processes.
In order to optimize our health, we must choose to play an active role in the process. Personal health is simply too valuable to leave to circumstance – without attempting to take charge and gain more control over developments in our health.
Therefore, it falls upon each individual to spend some time figuring out what health strategies are most useful for you. You are strongly encouraged to consult with a healthcare professional when you determine your health priorities and take related actions.
Here is a list of principles that we think are required in the journey towards more optimized health:
- PERSONAL ENGAGEMENT – Using our internal capacity and focusing our energy towards achieving our set goals
- SUSTAINED EFFORT – Being persistent despite the likely minor setbacks & staying focused on sustained long-term improvements
- MENTAL & PHYSICAL CAPACITY – Not being counterproductive by pushing yourself too hard
- MEANINGFUL PEOPLE – Sharing supportive relationships with family and friends
- COMMUNITY LIFE – Having a sense of community – people that want us to succeed
Share My Scientific Health
To reach us, simply fill out the form on our Contact Us page.
Wishing you much success in your journey to more Optimal Health